Let the security system design professionals at BPS provide you with satisfactory answers to these questions.
Security System Design Services
At its core, an effective security system design will deter, detect, address, respond to and interdict the threats and risks that disrupt a safe work environment. Figuring out how to achieve that system doesn’t have to be an overwhelming challenge, as long as you have the right guidance.
Trust the BPS experts. We have the in-depth knowledge of current industry standards and options to make sure the security design you get is one that meets your needs – and your budget.
Security System Only
When approached as a stand-alone project, a security-only design should protect investments by correctly assessing risk, properly applying available technologies, and considering the lifecycle of those technologies.
Let us help you sort through the options to find the equipment that meets your needs and your budget:
- Our independence and experience in the industry means you can expect BPS to connect you with the technology that is right for you.
- We are experienced with evaluating nearby installation contractors, using an established process to vet options through background checks and qualifications validation.
- Experts are available to oversee your system’s installation, commission and closeout, and will help develop operating protocols that will ensure you achieve the outcomes you need.
Begin your security system design process. Let us help.
Security Design in a Larger Project
No one can afford to make security an afterthought. That’s why BPS is always available to development project teams early and at each phase throughout design.
Protect your investment with the right security design. BPS will:
- Thoroughly assess risk, properly apply technology, and make best use of crime prevention through environmental design, or CPTED
- Identify security needs and develop cost estimates early in any project – giving you greater budget control as well as confidence in the end results
- Coordinate with a variety of trades, such as landscaping, lighting, networking, door hardware, and electrical specialists
- Use MasterSpec documentation system as needed
- Oversee construction administration, commissioning and closeout services
- Review security design standards and vendor proposals so you get as much value out of your qualified vendors as possible
BPS frequently manages the complexities of architect-led projects. Want to know how to save time and money by getting a security design right the first time you ask for it?
Just contact BPS.
Standards & Technical Review Services
As a leader in the security industry, BPS has the most current information on best practices. We are exceptionally well-situated to develop collaborative security standards that are specific to your facility.
Having these standards will give you confidence that any new facilities will be built correctly from a security standpoint. These same standards allow existing facilities to be audited, providing your with a “gap analysis” to identify any shortcomings.
You can get the right design the first time with BPS as a consultant:
- Avoid vulnerabilities, where vendors could try to increase their sales or installers can make mistakes during construction.
- Achieve consistent results in your security.
- Use BPS’s gap analysis to mitigate any current shortcomings and plan for available funds to be used effectively in the future.
- Enjoy peace of mind, know that your tailored technology and security operational practices are saving you money through proper training and planning.
- Get more value out of your installing contractor with an expert’s assessment of contractor options, including background checks and verifying qualifications.
BPS wants you to get security right the first time. Learn how today.
Security System Design Resources
“Gunshot Detection Devices: The New Frontier in Security Equipment?” – by Frank Pisciotta, Patrick Wood, CPP (SecurityInfoWatch.com, September 16, 2019)
“Roundtable Discussion: Security Systems Lifecycle Considerations, Effectiveness and Cost Control” – by Frank Pisciotta (Security Systems News, August 23, 2019)
“MasterFormat – Numbers & Titles”. MasterFormat is the specifications-writing standard for most commercial building design and construction projects in North America. It lists titles and section numbers for organizing data about construction requirements, products, and activities.
Division 28 encompasses work results for the electronic and ‘intelligent’ elements related to facility security, fire detection and alarms, and other life safety systems. From its introduction in 2004 until 2014, It experienced very few changes, while the security industry evolved extensively due to both technological innovations and the realities of the post-9/11 world. The article “Remaking Division 28; Specifying Electronic Safety and Security with MasterFormat 2016” by Ray Coulombe, CSI, CDT, provides an in-depth overview on what has changed in MasterFormat 2016.
Crist Engineers is the owner’s engineer for the balance of plant work for a proposed gas to liquids project in Arkansas. BPS is part of our engineering team specifically providing regulatory analysis and security design. This is our first engagement with BPS and they have proven to be knowledgeable, responsive, and dependable as a valued team member. I would without hesitation recommend BPS for similar work on similar projects..
LMHA retained BPS to assist us with the use of grant funds for CCTV and intrusion detection improvements for over twenty-five of our housing locations. BPS did a great job educating our key stakeholders (residents’ council, security, site and regional managers and local law enforcement) about where CCTV would be effective in reducing crime (and where it would not). BPS developed detailed security engineering drawings, specifications and construction cost estimates to ensure that the scope of work is properly aligned with available grant funds.
BPS is intimately familiar with the intricacies involved in keeping the healthcare environment safe and secure which includes a good working knowledge of security system engineering and design matters. Their process was thorough and addressed all aspects of potential workplace violence. We recommend BPS services to other organizations seeking high quality, independent security consultants.
The City of Rialto contracted with Business Protection Specialists (BPS) to complete a comprehensive security analysis and system design project. Prior to their initial visit the team at BPS showed their efficiency by providing schedules, compiling crime data, and coordinating site data well ahead of time. While here, the team was very professional and thorough in their review of the City facilities. The report presented to the City reflected the thoroughness of their visit as well as provided useful recommendations that the City could respond to immediately.