There is no more dangerous time than when an acute behavioral health patient is brought in or presents for care.
Crisis intake, emergency departments’ ambulatory clinics, partial hospitalization and inpatient settings – these sites all know the difficult truth. The risk is real that an incoming patient may be off medication and in possession of weapons.
Ask The Security Expert
BPS President and Certified Security Consultant Frank Pisciotta is ready to point you in the right direction. With over 3 decades of experience in security consulting, Frank has helped thousands of corporations, manufacturers, governments and healthcare facility managers keep their people and products safe.
Frank will personally respond to your questions within 24 hours. Ask The Expert and start Eliminating Crime Before It Happens.
Specialized Healthcare Security Consulting
All healthcare facilities have truly unique concerns as they balance convenience and access with preventing threats to staff and safety incidents. That’s especially true for behavioral health, chemical dependent and mental health clinic settings.
Our expert services will enable you to achieve an effective and safe clinic environment. We offer:
- Threat, risk and vulnerability assessments
- Security system design, review and installation
- Crisis management planning
- Workplace violence prevention
- Security, Workplace Violence Prevention and De-escalation training
Not only can BPS assess the security currently in place and establish a master security plan and training program for your site, but we also know how to work through the numerous physical security challenges particular to specialized healthcare facilities. Our assessments and designs consider best practices for protecting reception staff, preventing unrestricted patient access, and specifying door locks for offices where one-on-one counseling is provided to enable emergency response in a duress situation – and many others.
Expert Security Services Based on Experience
We have developed a twenty-point gap analysis methodology through proven best practices within the industry as well as those established during projects with prior healthcare clients, such as:
- The Joint Commission
- International Association of Healthcare Safety and Security
- ASIS International
- American Hospital Association
- American Psychiatric Association
- Center for Medicare and Medicaid Services.
Our professionals can deliver unmatched value to the security program at your site by:
- Accurately assessing the threats to your clinic or unit
- Identifying opportunities to cost-effectively improve staff, patients and visitor safety
- Ensuring your training deploys measurable and tangible de-escalation and anger management strategies
- Enabling you to focus on your patients’ treatment objectives
- Leaving no questions unanswered
- Simplifying the complex security situation in behavioral health, chemical dependency and mental health clinical areas
- Developing the performance metrics to enable you to measure the effectiveness of your program
Whether you need a security assessment, a security training program (on-line or in-person), security system design, or an emergency response plan, BPS has the independent expertise to help.
Let’s work together to make your clinic as secure as possible. Contact us now.
Specialized Healthcare Security Resources
Did you know that stats show that healthcare workers suffer nearly as many violent attacks as all other business sectors combined? Healthcare security is one of the most challenging missions, and a look at recent trends reveals it is getting more difficult every year. This article focuses on issues including access control, weapons screening and command and control, which are key goals considering emerging risk trends. “Risks on the Rise in Healthcare Sector” – article by Frank Pisciotta (SecurityInfoWatch.com, June 17, 2019)