There is no more dangerous time than when an acute behavioral health patient is brought in or presents for care.
Crisis intake, emergency departments’ ambulatory clinics, partial hospitalization and inpatient settings – these sites all know the difficult truth. The risk is real that an incoming patient may be off medication and in possession of weapons.
Specialized Healthcare Security Consulting
All healthcare facilities have truly unique concerns as they balance convenience and access with preventing threats to staff and safety incidents. That’s especially true for behavioral health, chemical dependent and mental health clinic settings.
Our expert services will enable you to achieve an effective and safe clinic environment. We offer:
- Threat, risk and vulnerability assessments
- Security system design, review and installation
- Crisis management planning
- Workplace violence prevention
- Security, Workplace Violence Prevention and De-escalation training
Not only can BPS assess the security currently in place and establish a master security plan and training program for your site, but we also know how to work through the numerous physical security challenges particular to specialized healthcare facilities. Our assessments and designs consider best practices for protecting reception staff, preventing unrestricted patient access, and specifying door locks for offices where one-on-one counseling is provided to enable emergency response in a duress situation – and many others.
Expert Security Services Based on Experience
We have developed a twenty-point gap analysis methodology through proven best practices within the industry as well as those established during projects with prior healthcare clients, such as:
- The Joint Commission
- International Association of Healthcare Safety and Security
- ASIS International
- American Hospital Association
- American Psychiatric Association
- Center for Medicare and Medicaid Services.
Our professionals can deliver unmatched value to the security program at your site by:
- Accurately assessing the threats to your clinic or unit
- Identifying opportunities to cost-effectively improve staff, patients and visitor safety
- Ensuring your training deploys measurable and tangible de-escalation and anger management strategies
- Enabling you to focus on your patients’ treatment objectives
- Leaving no questions unanswered
- Simplifying the complex security situation in behavioral health, chemical dependency and mental health clinical areas
- Developing the performance metrics to enable you to measure the effectiveness of your program
Let’s work together to make your clinic as secure as possible. Contact us now.