Experienced Municipal Security Professionals
For municipalities with critical security questions, BPS is ready to help:
- How can public buildings remain accessible to citizens while at the same time offering a safe environment to workers and visitors?
As specialists in municipal security, BPS knows that the two key issues of accessibility and security do not have to be mutually exclusive in the government sector. We have worked with countless municipal clients to mitigate threats and vulnerabilities while maintaining a commitment to their public service goals.
- While rare, active assailants are a factor for municipal governments and some high-profile security events have been associated with public hearings. Have your publicly accessible facilities been properly assessed for how you would respond to an active assailant?
- If you have employees working in potentially controversial service areas (such as denial of services, taking away services, or giving bad news to constituents), are they properly prepared to de-escalate the situation, and do they know when de-escalation is not going to work?
Municipal Security Consultant Services
At the heart of municipality security rests the need to protect your employees, assets and information. Whether you are looking to assess real or perceived threats, identify your vulnerabilities and risks, develop cost-effective design solutions, establish a master security plan, implement key training, or launch an effective emergency response program, BPS is available to help.
In particular, BPS can help address the workplace violence presenting a problem at all levels of government including:
- Upset, angry or disruptive citizens who may pose a threat of physical violence to employees interfacing with the public
- Violence, theft or sabotage from disgruntled current or former employees and contractors
- Domestic violence from estranged spouses or significant others that spills into the workplace
- Targeted threats to judicial officials from diversion clients, probationers, litigants, convicted criminals, family and friends
- Violence against staff working with mental health patients in crisis
Our independent experts are ready to meet your security needs, including:
- Assessing current security systems and programs
- Creating an overall security master plan
- Designing and overseeing security system installation, including RFP and vendor evaluation management
- Preparing training procedures
- Developing emergency response strategies
- Preventing workplace violence
Prioritize your security. Learn how BPS can help.
They quickly assessed our needs, built consensus on the objectives of our security program, identified key problem areas, defined prioritized goals and enabled us to clearly define measurable outcomes. BPS clearly knows how to organize complex issues into understandable and logical security solutions.
We value BPS’ vendor independence and neutrality and would highly recommend them to other housing communities and organizations interested in providing the highest level of protection for their residents, employees, assets and information.
Recently, Jefferson County, Colorado contracted with BPS to perform a security assessment of sixty county facilities. The firm’s personnel were very efficient and effective at identifying the specific security issues we face in a variety of facilities. Though we feared we would get expensive, technology-based solutions, the recommendations from BPS to reduce identified risks were very practical and sensible. In fact, a high percentage of their recommendations required no capital expenditures.
The City of Rialto contracted with Business Protection Specialists (BPS) to complete a comprehensive security analysis and system design project. Prior to their initial visit the team at BPS showed their efficiency by providing schedules, compiling crime data, and coordinating site data well ahead of time. While here, the team was very professional and thorough in their review of the City facilities. The report presented to the City reflected the thoroughness of their visit as well as provided useful recommendations that the City could respond to immediately.
BPS was retained to do a design engineering project for a city-wide wireless video surveillance system for the City of Poughkeepsie. BPS value-engineered the design to enable the work scope to fit into established budgets and meet our crime prevention and forensic objectives for the City street, our holding cells and in City facilities. They worked seamlessly with our IT department to ensure that the video management system demands were matched with our network capabilities.
BPS conducted a security risk assessment and developed a very practical security master plan (with options), with which our County Administrators and Legislature could agree to move forward. The cost of BPS’ recommendations were only a fraction of what we originally anticipated; in fact, they identified some potential cost savings. As with many county governments, our funding availability for a security project is limited and we were very pleased with the results BPS delivered.