Pursuant with the FDA’s Intentional Adulteration (IA) Rule, sites must complete a reanalysis of their Food Defense Plan every 3 years, or when; there are changes in operation, new vulnerabilities are identified, mitigation strategies are not working or as directed by the FDA. In addition, all businesses (including any subsidiaries and affiliates) must have compliant and effective documentation by the following dates:
- Very Small Businesses – July 26, 2021
- Small Businesses – July 26, 2020
- All other Registered Businesses – July 26, 2019
- Learn more about FDA Compliance Dates
Start addressing your food defense plans now with support from experienced security professionals proficient in tackling the food industry’s unique concerns.
FSMA IA Rule Guidance
Are you ready to comply with the Food Safety Modernization Act (FSMA) Intentional Adulteration Rule (IA Rule)? Beginning in 2019, the FDA will initiate “Quick Check” inspections to make sure sites know about the IA Rule and have a food defense plan that meets specific requirements.
Our security professionals have the skills you need to organize your best food defense program. Compliance with the IA rule will never be easier than when you let BPS work with you.
Food Defense Security Experts
BPS can prime you for success in addressing the FSMA IA regulations. Our experts know what the IA Rule compliant food defense plan must include. Let us help you compile and create:
- a written vulnerability assessment for your site
- written mitigation strategies for your security risks
- written procedures for food defense monitoring
- corrective actions and verification procedures to keep your products, people and processes secure
- detailed training plans
- records specific to your food defense plan
We will make sure you are well-prepared to take on the FSMA IA rule compliance process. Our team of qualified food defense and physical security experts are ready to help you identify any significant vulnerabilities and actionable process steps as required by law.
If you have IA Rule compliance requirements, we can help. Within 24 hours of talking with you, we can provide you with a fixed proposal for your next steps. Learn more.